Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Rob, Alex and I had a five hour drive ahead of us, so I brought along plenty to read.   Shouldn't have bothered, though, the scenery was stunning, I couldn't bring myself to stop looking out the window.  So many gorgeous colours!

Lois hosted a Thanksgiving Bacchanal at her cabin in the woods for many in the Cowan clan.

What a beautiful spot, high in the hills.  The night sky is one of the least light-polluted in Eastern Ontario, and an observatory is opening nearby.  No one around for miles, mist rising from the rolling hills in the morning.

The Thanksgiving meal was delicious, and the hospitality continued into the next day with breakfast in the morning.

Sunday, we spent a leisurely drive back home. Every once in awhile the wind would scoop leaves off the trees and they'd leisurely twirl to the ground.  Autumn light is golden.

Rob and I were also able to squeeze in a sail at the Bluffs today, the depth was just 6'8" out of the gap, with the sandy bottom of the lake well in sight.  Still lots of green on the cliffs.  Weather permitting we'll be sailing to the Island next week.

I spent time contemplating my blessings today; the people I know and love; the 'good' and the 'bad';  the perfectly imperfect.  Life is amazing.

1 comment:

Giulia said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely holiday, Diane. xo/Susan